Monday, August 17, 2009

To pee... or not to pee...

Adam and I finally decided that we didn't have an opinion on whether or not we wait to have a baby, or have one now. So we're pretty much just winging it... if we end up pregnant, great... if not, great!

We started decided this last (lunar) month. As the end of the month came closer (and our road trip came closer), and I realized that I didn't know if my "friend" would be coming along on our trip, or if we would be bringing someone new. I read up on a bunch of different sites about different signs of pregnancy (maybe I could tell before my "friend" showed up... or didn't.) Then of course you become a pregnancy hypochondriac, and all of the signs & symptoms you've read about, you suddenly have!

I wasn't to sure if I was excited about this new possibility, or not. But I liked the idea of not knowing much better than knowing (because I really didn't know what I wanted). The day before we left on our trip, we decided I would pee on a magical little stick that would tell us who would be joining us on our trip.

It's not like it's a hard test to take, and since we didn't know what we wanted the results to be, there was no way to fail the test either. But for some reason, I was still nervous to take it. Adam decided to take a nap (I don't know why, he doesn't get up until 2:30am! Alright, maybe I do.), and I decided that would be a good time to use this magical stick. I read all the directions (for what I believe was the third time... I guess you can't be too prepared for a test that you can't fail!), and did exactly as instructed. I won't go into all the details, but after I waited the three minutes (down to the very last second, I watched the oven timer) as instructed, I picked up the magical stick and it had one line. Now, as I had read the directions three times, I knew well that the one line meant that my "friend" would be joining us on our trip.

Sure enough she showed up the next day, the day we hit the road bound for Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment