Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's a Girl!

At our second ultrasound, as we were talking with the ultrasound technician (Patty), she mentioned how before she would know the gender of the baby, she would refer to the baby as a he (which is proper English). But then couples would think that they were having a boy. So she had to stop, and start calling it baby instead. I chuckled and said, "Docherty would be proud." Then the ultrasound tech said, "I had him!" Wait, what? Turns out she went to high school at Saint Bernard's and her daughter went to Holy Childhood and was in Adam's 3rd & 4th grade classes. Small world...

Then, since Adam was at this ultrasound, we asked if we could find out the gender. As you can see from the ultrasound picture, we're having a baby girl!
She was a wiggle worm while they were trying to get a good look at her, we even saw her trying to suck her thumb... though it was hard to tell if she actually got it in there or not.
Someone mentioned to me that it's really easy for them to do 3D ultrasounds, so I asked our new Saint Bernard's friend if she really could easily do a 3D picture of our baby. She said if we had time she would, and at the very end, she did! Adam said it looked like a melted wax image of her, but I think she's adorable!
I'm absolutely in love with our daughter and I can't wait to meet her in May or June (they want to change our due date... again... this time they tell me I'm not as far as the last time, but closer to when I figured we're due).

No comments:

Post a Comment