Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Power of Prayer

My mother started praying for our baby as soon as she found out we were pregnant. She has been lighting a candel every week at church and praying for the her health.

Once we found out about the heart problems, I was really wishing my Grandma was still around. For some reason, I've always thought she had an "in" with God or something, because it always seemed her prayers were answered. I really wanted her here praying for our baby, but I suppose now she really has an "in" with God, being up there with him and all.

After we found out, mom brought over a bottle of holy water that used to be Grandma's. She told me to annoint my tummy everyday and pray for our baby. At first Adam was heistant to do this with him, but after a couple days it became part of our nightly routine.

At the first ultrasound the two chambers of her heart were very clearly seen, and that was all. But at the second one, we could clearly see three chambers. Granted, the doctor said that this three-chamber syndrome has higher risks for loosing the baby, but I can't help but wonder, if by the next ultrasound the power of our prayer will help our baby girl's fourth chamber grow and develope. If not, then we're still praying for her health and survival.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I love you very much and I have you and Adam and the baby in my daily thoughts and prayers. Just know that I am pulling for you and the baby !

    ReplyDelete