Saturday, October 10, 2009

Excitement!

I think the nerves are calming down a little now, and we're getting more used to the idea of being parents. It's starting to get exciting!

We have told my parents and brother, and his parents, and some of his siblings. My mom is so excited to be a grandma! She found some Winnie the Pooh fabric to make a crib quilt for the baby, and we're talking about how to decorate the nursery. My brother is super excited to be an uncle! Adam's mom was talking about finding stuff at the thrift store when she went last week.

We are starting to look at names. I already know that if it is a girl, I would like to name her after my grandmother who died a few months before our wedding. We're not sure if we'll use her name, or a variation or nickname, because Adam's not totally sold on the whole name. For a boy I always like Michael & Jonathon, but those names are already in Adam's family (his dad & his brother). But, we have a short list of boy's names picked out, though I think I know which one I like best already!

No comments:

Post a Comment