Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Fun Moments of Pregnancy!

I've been meaning to write this blog for a while, but whenever I have time to sit down and write a blog, it's usually updating on the last appointment. So here goes...

For the longest time I was the only one who could feel her moving around, but eventually when Adam put his hand on my tummy he felt her! He was kinda surprised at how hard she could kick and how he could feel it.

We've been trying to hear her heartbeat with a fetal monitor that Adam's cousin gave us, but have not had much luck. We've heard some "cracklings" that we thought might be her moving around, but nothing that sounds like a heartbeat (even a irregular one). One day I decided to just hold it out in the air, and heard the same "cracklings" that we heard when it was pushed up against my tummy. His cousins said that they never really got it to work, and we haven't been able to either. But we have had fun trying.

Mom had really been wanting to see or feel her move, and kept poking/ jiggling my tummy to get her to move. But it never worked for her. But at one of our appointments that mom came to, she was moving all over the place. The ultrasound technician said at one point she felt a kick. Mom kept one eye on the screen (seeing her move around inside me) and one eye on my tummy, and she finally saw her move! She was so excited. I had been watching the monitor over the top of my belly and could see my tummy move, see if she had just kicked or punched me, and feel do it all at the same time. It was really neat, but ever since then when I feel her move I wonder if she's kicking or punching or dancing or what.

In one of my week-by-week pregnancy books, it said that you could hear the baby's heartbeat by now if you used a stethoscope (of course we don't have one), but said that sometimes your husband can even hear it if he puts his ear on your tummy. She was very active that night, but I told Adam that he might be able to hear her heartbeat. So he put his ear against my tummy and listened. Of course, it didn't take long for her to kick daddy in the head! But Adam said he could hear her moving around, and put his head back to listen again, only to get kicked again! He said it sounded like moving water, which I guess kind of makes sense. He hasn't really gotten into feeling her move, but he really seemed to enjoy listening to her move.

My brother has always been inquiring how his little niece is doing whenever he sees me. Mom told me that he wanted to feel her move too. So one Sunday when we were over there for dinner, I sat down on the couch after eating. It didn't take long for baby to start kicking her heals up. I told Jeff and he put his hand on my tummy and felt her kick him. He kind of laughed and smiled and asked if that was her. He thought it was really neat.

Well, that's as much as I can remember with this "baby brain" of mine. Hopefully, as new moments happen I'll be better about writing them down right away so I can remember them in greater detail!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    I don't know if Baby Girl gets the hiccups, Zoey did all the time. If she does, you can really hear those with the monitor. Sorry it hasn't worked out well, but we thought it was funt o try too. Take care!!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina -
    I think she might get them once in a while, but sometimes she's moving around so much it's hard to tell. We'll have to try listening with the baby monitor... it's been a lot of fun playing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were totally right with the hiccups! I just heard her! It sounded like someone was tapping on a microphone...

    ReplyDelete