Friday, March 5, 2010

Looong Wait...

Since I didn't have school today, I waited for Adam to get home from school, and then we turned around and left. He got home a little late, so we turned around and left right away, thinking we might be a little late for the 2pm appointment. We got there with about three minutes to spare, but after sitting there for about twenty minutes, Wendy, the receptionist told us that ultrasound was running behind. She suggested that we could leave and come back about 3pm, but Adam was content reading his book, and I was fine reading my magazines.

Finally about 3:15 we were called back with a different ultrasound technician that I had not met before. (I think her name started with a "J" -Julie-). She was very nice and measured our baby girl (she's right on track for her growth according to the May 22 due date!). We saw baby kicking around and it looked like she is now sucking her toes! We've seen her foot up by her head before, but I'm pretty sure it actually ended up in her mouth this time!

She spent some time looking at her heart (I think just because she was interested in it, most of the time the technician's don't spend much time there). She took her heart rate, and it was up to 104 bpm! She was more active before and during the ultrasound, so I'm sure that helped get her blood pumping. When she asked what the cardiologist called her heart condition, I couldn't really give her an answer. I don't think Dr. Gremmels gave the heart condition a specific name, but her whole condition he called heterotaxy.

At the end, she asked if anyone had done 3D ultrasounds for us. I told her they had, but she is more than welcome to do some too! Baby cooperated for one picture, but she wouldn't move her hand out from in front of her face, so we only got one good one.

When she finished Dr. Ledella came in and said everything was looking the same and that she wanted to schedule another appointment for two weeks out to do another type of ultrasound (we've been getting "limited," but since she's farther along now, they'll do one that's a little more involved). I can't remember what it's called right now though -biophysical profile.

When we were making our appointment on our way out, Krista (ultrasound technician) saw us and said that she was going to try to grab us, but they were so busy back there. I think everyone that hears about her condition "wants in on the action." It's such a rare condition that I think they want to get to see it first hand. And I think they remember us well too, because when we walked in Joan (the genetic counselor that we saw at 13 weeks, and only that one time) remembered me by name and told Wendy I was there.

On another note, I had a dental appointment this morning, and apparently for a pregnant woman, I have really good dental hygiene! Dr. Kraby was really impressed with how my teeth & gums looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment