Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Long Wait & No Pictures :(

Adam and I met for our appointment at United today with the cardiologist. We were called in right away by the ultrasound technician, Barb. She looked at her heart quite a bit and took her heart rate a couple times. Her heart rate was 59 bpm for the atria and 109 bmp for the ventricle. We waited and waited for Dr. Gremmels to come, but he wasn't showing up. So Barb went to see if anyone had seen him, but nothing.

So she looked around at our baby some more. Her face was buried into my back, and she couldn't get a good picture of her. After a little while, she went to check if Dr. Gremmels was there again, but still nothing. So she came back and looked at her heart some more, then pulled out the 3D probe to see if baby would cooperate and roll over to get a good 3D picture, but she didn't.

Finally after an hour and a half, Dr. Gremmels came in. He looked at her heart, and said still nothing new or concerning has developed. We have about another week and a half until they would deliver her if she did take a turn for the worse. Since she was holding pretty steady, he said that we would be okay waiting another four weeks before we saw him again.

When he left, Dr. Ahanya came in and said that whatever I'm doing, I need to keep doing, because she's holding her own quite well. Since spring is in the air, and my allergies are ever-so wonderful now, I asked him if I could start taking my allergy pills again. He said that, with most drugs, you're just not supposed to take them during the first three months, but after that it's okay. There are a couple drugs (like Acutane), that you can't take at all during pregnancy. But allergy pills are not on that list!

On our way out I tried to set up another appointment, but I don't think their receptionist is as good as Wendy at Woodbury. I told her I need another cardio appointment with Dr. Gremmels in four weeks (which is what it said on the sheet that Dr. Ahanya gave her). I asked her if Dr. Gremmels would be at United or Abbott, and she didn't know, and didn't know where to check. Then she tried to set me up with someone else, and I explained to her (about four times) that I needed to be seen with Dr. Gremmels (he is monitoring her and knows what her heart is looking like, he will be the best one to see changes, and he is the one that will be telling the surgeons what she needs done). Finally she figured out that he would be at Abbott in four weeks, and she can't make appointments at Abbott, so the appointment line will call me later.

On another note, mom and I finished painting the base coat in the nursery! It's a yellow called "Cornmeal." I'm going to see if I can "steal" a projector for the weekend from school and use it to draw out the picture below. I think we'll paint it above the crib.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, I like the idea of painting a pooh mural! It will add a nice touch! Another thing that you might find fun if you haven't had your baby shower yet, is to set up a blank canvas and paints for all your baby shower guests to paint a personalized canvas for her nursery. My friend did that at her baby shower and it turned out to be a very sweet picture for her baby girl. Love you!

    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now I might not paint it on the wall, but on canvas instead. I read an article that suggested that, and then I was thinking... if I put all that work into painting a mural, and we move, it would be left there and the next people would probably just paint right over it! :( But I could bring a canvas with us!

    ReplyDelete