Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Last Appointment at Woodbury

Krista pulled me back right away for the ultrasound, and mom wasn't even there yet, so Wendy sent her back when she got there. It took her a little while to get kicking, but once the apple I ate got to her tummy she was kicking away! Krista gave her an eight out of eight, but before Gayle took us to another room for the OB check and heart monitoring, mom asked Krista if we could see if she has the goofy toes or not (when your second toe is longer than your big toe... it runs on my mom's side of the family, though mom says she has "perfect toes" because she doesn't have it... Adam's second toe is also longer than his big toe). Krista moved to see the bottom of her foot, and it turns out her toes take after her daddy's! (Poor girl! Now grandma is going to make fun of her!) I thanked Krista and said I hoped to see her at Abbott again possibly.

Baby's Foot (Though you can't tell from this picture,
her second toe is longer than her big toe...
justlike her daddy's!)

Gayle came in and commented on my skirt. I told her I wore it swing dancing often, but it still fits me now! She took my weight, then hooked me up to the heart monitor (baby didn't get any points again). While I was hooked up she went through all the OB questions, then asked if mom or I wanted ice water or M&M's (how sweet!) She said Dr. Ledella would be in in about ten minutes to see us. About twenty minutes later, Dr. Ledella came in. She said baby is still stable, and commented about how it was our last appointment there. I thanked her too, and told her how great she had been. She gave me a hug, and we said goodbye. I kept telling everyone I wanted to take Wendy with me, because I already knew how horrible Abbott's scheduling department was, and Wendy is so wonderful. A couple people said they had heard that about Abbott, so I could take her with me, as long as I brought her back!

Our daughter, the Drama Queen!
(her hand on her forehead, like woe is me!)

3 comments:

  1. For the record, there's nothing wrong with having your second toe longer than your big toe. It's when your third toe is longer than your big toe that you can call them "goofy." Trust me, I know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there's anything wrong with it... but grandma Denise is going to make fun of her for it... poor girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record...there is nothing wrong with toes that are longer or 'bigger' than the Big Toe....it's just that they are not perfect or symmetrical as they were intended...:)LOL I do like perfect toes!

    ReplyDelete