Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Prenatal Partners for Life

A couple weeks ago Mrs. Barrett subbed at school, and having already learned about our baby's diagnosis, referred me to a website for Prenatal Partners for Life. I poked around a little bit on their website and read a couple of people's stories. But of course none of them were about a diagnosis of heterotaxy.

So when I saw an email link at the bottom of the page to share your story, I sent a lovely lady named Mary Kellett a link to my blog, and told her briefly about baby's diagnosis. Mary replied to me with many kind words, and gave me contact information of two different mothers. One who has a baby with GI problems (which our baby might have, as it is common with heterotaxy, but we won't know until she is here), and another for a mother whose baby has another rare diagnosis.

Today in the mail we received a gift of a lamb and a blanket from Mary & her organization. The blanket was made by a mother whose baby was born with Down Syndrome and Mosaic Klinefleter Syndrome, but was sadly called home to be with God when he was about two months old. The blanket is called "Luke's Blanket of Love" and the mother has a website to learn more about the program.

Luke's Blanket of Love

Little Lamb of God

1 comment: